Owning my very first convection oven brought me both excitement and fear – excited to find and develop passion in baking; however, afraid on how to start it right.
To properly begin my baking adventure, I bought a premixed banana cake from Magnolia. Followed the instruction written on the box, and voila! everything went well (albeit forgetting to use the sugar crumble, which is a topping to the banana cake).
- Follow instructions carefully.
- Don’t be afraid to add some ingredients that will complement the recipe and enhance its taste. In this activity, I added some raisins.
- Use parchment paper instead of wax paper. Wax paper tends to burn; thus, the slightly burnt sides of the banana cake.
- Use toothpick in determining if the cake is baked well.
- When using convection oven, you can adjust the temperature lower 5 minutes before the baking time is completed to avoid burning the cake.
I recommend using premixed cakes for beginners like me; but, now that I gained my confidence in baking, my next step is to bake from scratch. Let the baking adventure continue as Mhe Wonders!
Curious on the convection oven I’m using? You can check my post about it here.